Προς το περιεχόμενο

PS3 Ειδήσεις {News Topic}

privateer

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

ok thanks...tha to poloun adeio omos? ti sto diakolo to theloun to blu ray tote gamo ti trela mou...kai 1 eyro? siga ta lefta re gamoto...apo ti pigi proerxotan i eidisi? apo tin idia ti sony? dld einai kati episimo?apla mou fenete kseftila na zitas 1 eyro...ektos an skopeyoun na pouloun to paixnidi pio ftino k meta na to prosarmozeis esy...kseroume kati pano se ayto...

sorry pou rotao alla de parakolouthousa k exo xasei episodeia...

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

• Απαντ. 9,5k
  • Δημ.
  • Τελ. απάντηση
ok thanks...tha to poloun adeio omos? ti sto diakolo to theloun to blu ray tote gamo ti trela mou...kai 1 eyro? siga ta lefta re gamoto...apo ti pigi proerxotan i eidisi? apo tin idia ti sony? dld einai kati episimo?apla mou fenete kseftila na zitas 1 eyro...ektos an skopeyoun na pouloun to paixnidi pio ftino k meta na to prosarmozeis esy...kseroume kati pano se ayto...

sorry pou rotao alla de parakolouthousa k exo xasei episodeia...

stin press conference anaferthike

an thes psakse ligo tha to vreis:mrgreen:

Mhpws telika er8ei ton Aprilh to ps3 sthn Eyrwph?

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=131449

Translation:

Quote: - First of all, you get more machines. Second, you get more games, says Sony Computer Entertainment boss Ken Kutaragi to VG Nett when we ask if he has any comforting words to european gamers that are sad after the PS3 delay.

- And third, easter is here when it comes!, he adds.

Rumour: Pricey PS3 Games?

A well known journalist called 'Munechika Nishida' has published an article that states the price of PS3 games will be in the region of 8,800 yen to 9,8000 yen due to the cost of development. When converted to USD, this equates to figures between $75-$85, this seems very unlikely to be the case.

Following up on Ken Kutaragi's pre-TGS keynote address, Japanese site Impress Watch has posted the latest in its "Random Tracking" editorial series. This periodic feature is written by Munechika Nishida, a well-known contributor to the Asahi Shimbun newspaper and Ultra One PC magazine, and this latest update has some surprising revelations on the PS3.

To most gamers, the most eye-catching part of the feature is a claim about game prices. Citing "multiple information sources," the article states that the price of PS3 games will be concentrated in the 8,800 to 9,800 yen range. The primary reason given is the rising cost of development.

In Japan, the standard price of a PS2 game is 6,800 yen, with only the biggest titles like Dragon Quest and
rising to the 8,800 yen mark.

News Source: IGN

TGS 2006: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Eyes-on

Blistering ninja action prepares to slice its way through the PS3

September 23, 2006 - Tecmo recently announced that the Ninja Gaiden series would make its PS3 debut with Ninja Gaiden Sigma. According to developers, Sigma will include everything from the Xbox version of Ninja Gaiden, plus a slew of new content including a complete visual overhaul. Everything from character animation and environmental textures will apparently make use of the added horsepower available through the PS3.

While the announcement definitely gets one excited over the possibilities, it would have been nice to play the real deal on the show floor. Unfortunately, that wasn't possible since developers claim they forgot the playable build next to their mail this morning. Or so they claim. Regardless, they did remember to bring a snazzy new trailer to the show. And really, that's the next best thing. The trailer did a good job of emphasizing the extra work put in to make the game fit nicely alongside its next-generation brethren.

ninja-gaiden-sigma-20060923014348796.jpg

It lasted a good three minutes and gave a pretty good indication as to what developers have in mind. Fans will notice familiar faces and boss characters, such as the enormous bloodthirsty worms and white ninjas. Some of the bigger characters, such as the femme fatale, Rachel, also make an appearance. In the trailer she fights a crimson dragon with a giant sickle. She wins, of course, and the dragon just slumps to the floor after losing gallons of green blood. New characters show up as well, such as a Riddler look-a-like in a green suit and boller hat. He's clearly a boss character since he spends his entire time in the trailer trying to kill Ryu, the game's protagonist. Fans will also notice new sequences. One of them has Ryu battling enemies atop the surface of a lake. Each looks very impressive and does a fine job of distancing itself from the original Xbox version of the game. Gameplay details remain scarce though it's clear Ryu can use two blades simultaneously. Also, even old bosses will change slightly to give old-time fans something new to look forward to.

Stay tuned for more details.

TGS 2006: PSP to PS3 Technical Demonstration

Don't just take our word for it...

September 23, 2006 - For those who like their baffling confusion slathered on like cake frosting on a Jello pie, Sony Computer Entertainment has been serving up the 'Huh's in heaping portions here at TGS. First there was the keynote meeting about PlayStation that was 95% about curing Alzheimer's than it was about playing games. (By the by, if the people at Microsoft manage to make a commercial out of senile old people enjoying the heck out of 360, I'm going to have to give massive props to all of their balls.) Then there was the Nothing that followed, with seven weeks to go before this system needs to be in shopping baskets and yet no answers to critical launch questions. There were the clearly accessible PS3 features available on the menu that we weren't allowed to touch (hell, any one of us journalists were probably a button press away from revealing Sony's Xbox Live killer before Sony did). This year's IGN TGS team is going to come back home looking like linebackers with all the shoulder shrugging we've been doing.

Here's another one for the file: Sony's Technical Demo of connecting a PSP to a PS3. For those who don't like it when their heads explode, please stop reading after the following explanation: The PS3 to PSP Technical Demo showed that the console is able to transfer downloaded demos (including PS1 game downloads as well as PSP samplers) to the portable. One demo was a downloaded copy of the PS1 game Ridge Racer, the other a Loco Roco demo. Simple enough in concept, and we're eager for it. Now, it's head e'sploding time.

The way Sony conducted this "Technical Demo" was that it showed a Playstation 3 on one side of the demo kiosk and then a PSP on the other side, with a pretty model girl pointing from one system to the other and gesturing as if to say, "See?" The interface to accomplish this was not shown. In fact, we're not even sure if this interface is ready yet. If there even is an interface, of course, which there doesn't need to be since all you'd need to do this is a web browser to download the demo and then a PSP on a USB cord or a PSP-compatible Memory Stick Duo to store the demo.

I know what you're thinking: It'd be simple enough if you stopped thinking it through, to just accept that Sony probably set up this show kiosk as an example of this demo transaction happening. But the gesturing ... And the signs clearly stating that the playing PSP game came from that nearby PS3 ... the thought vortex will grab you now. Why set up a kiosk if you're not showing anything actually happening? Why set up two kiosks to show the same thing not happening? Did they transfer the PSP demos at home and then bring them to the show? Did they use a wire, or was it a wireless transfer, or did they use telekinesis? Did it really actually ever happen, or did I just imagine that Sony set up a booth on the TGS show floor to show me something that I had already missed happening?

Representatives from Sony were not able to further explain the demo, but below is a close-to-accurate transcription of a conversation that IGN had with the delightful SCE Booth Babe model demonstrating the PS3 to PSP Technical Demonstration:

• IGN: "So, so the point here is that this demo running on this PSP was downloaded from this PS3 here, right?"
    Booth Babe: ""HAI! YES!"
    IGN: "OK cool, I've been wondering when they were going to get busy connecting up PSP and the consoles. Let's see it"
    Booth Babe: "OK, here you are!" [Hands me PSP running PS one version of Ridge Racer.]
    IGN: "I'm sorry, I meant I'd like to see the demo please."
    Booth Babe: "Yes, please play!"
    IGN: "What?"
    Booth Babe: "You can press boo'ton for gas, and..."
    IGN: "No."
    Booth Babe: "Hai!"
    IGN: "No, I've already played Ridge Racer for PS one already. On a PS one. And the PSP last year at E3 for that matter, but never mind that, I'd like to see the demonstration."
    Booth Babe: "Ummm ... We have Ridge Racer and Loco Roco!"
    IGN: "They're already downloaded on the PSPs, though. Can you reset, I'd like to see the interface."
    Booth Babe: "Ah, it's not ready yet!"
    IGN: "W.T.F. [*edited for language*] I'm sorry, excuse my language, but ... or, do you understand what ... never mind, are you telling me you can't actually show me the PSP downloading a demo from the PS3."
    Booth Babe: "You can play it here!"
    IGN: "Yeah, but the whole point of the demo is that this game came from that big machine to run on this little machine."
    Booth Babe: "Um ... Technical Demo for PlayStation 3 and PSP!"
    IGN: "But do you understand that it's not really a demo if you don't demonstrate anything."
    Booth Babe: "I'm sorry."
    IGN: "No, I shouldn't be getting mad at you, it's not like you made the demo. Can I please maybe try to find the interface since I know both machines?"
    Booth Babe: "Oh, only PSP is playable, please."
    IGN: "You know that this is a six hundred dollar machine sitting here, right? $600. This Sony, they spent 600 dollars to build a machine to convince me ... no, make that make me convince myself on the principle that there'd be no reason for Sony to lie about the world's most powerful gaming platform being capable of moving a game demo file onto a PSP."
    Booth Babe: [smiles, cocks head in confusion, and tries to deflate my misdirected rage with her femininity.]
    IGN: "And your boss, he told you to make wave motions with your hands, gesturing from the PS3 to the PSP, and call it a technical demonstration?"
    Booth Babe: "Hai! Ah, yes!"
    IGN: "And other people have passed by here for two days now without questioning this?"
    Booth Babe: "Hai!"
    IGN: "...Please marry me anyway."

Look for more on this PS3 to PSP feature at a later date soon, once we've been able to take a look at the feature happening rather than happened. We apologize now to your brain.

TGS 2006: PS3 Packages

Get a look at the boxes for your new $500 system.

September 23, 2006 - Sony had a big surprise at its Tokyo Game Show booth: PlayStation 3 software packaging!

Most of the titles on display at the booth had a box beside the instruction sheet. The boxes are variations on Blu-Ray disk cases, with a translucent top section in place of the unsightly blue that's starting high-definition movie collections off on the wrong foot.

Sony reps stated that while these cases aren't final, we can expect the retail packaging to look extremely close to what's being shown on the floor. So, click below for your first look at your new import PS3 collection.

pixy.giftgs-2006-ps3-packages-20060923042253123-000.jpgpixy.gif pixy.giftgs-2006-ps3-packages-20060923042252045-000.jpgpixy.gif pixy.giftgs-2006-ps3-packages-20060923042250545-000.jpgpixy.gif pixy.giftgs-2006-ps3-packages-20060923042249405-000.jpgpixy.gif pixy.giftgs-2006-ps3-packages-20060923042248202-000.jpgpixy.gif pixy.giftgs-2006-ps3-packages-20060923042246998-000.jpgpixy.gif pixy.giftgs-2006-ps3-packages-20060923042245139-000.jpgpixy.gif pixy.giftgs-2006-ps3-packages-20060923042243499-000.jpg

TGS 2006: Armored Core 4 Hands-On

From misses the first day of the show.

September 23, 2006 - TGS attendees at Friday's business day were denied the next generation of Armored Core. For a reason that wasn't really explained (to be perfectly honest, I forgot to ask) Armored Core 4 ended up being video-only on the business day, but playable for the public on Saturday.

Maybe From was trying to hide the game from the discerning eyes of the press. That description doesn't really include me, but upon getting my hands on a controller, I was able to discern some of the problems with Armored Core 4 at this early state. The game's visuals suffer from the most horrendous slowdown this side of the Gran Turismo HD TGS demo, with the action grinding to a halt when the screen fills with explosions. As with GTHD, I was surprised that AC4 was actually put on display looking like it currently does.

Once From Software can clear up the slowdown, the game certainly has the potential to look like those impressive trailers that we've been seeing since last year's PlayStation meeting. The TGS demo is a bit suspect, though. The one included stage of play, a burnt-down city, is mostly open space, with a few buildings and building remnants here and there. You can't actually destroy the buildings, which is something that made the trailers so impressive.

Visual problems aside, AC4 looks like it will offer some new twists on the overused series. The game feels more action oriented than previous entries, which should come as a relief to those who like to have actual control over their mechs (we all remember the customization-only Armored Core game that debuted with the PSP in Japan).

As an interesting presentation touch, the game now displays your mech's status through text messages that rise up from bottom to top on the left side of the screen.

With Armored Core 4 looking as early as it does, we have our doubts that From will be able to make the game's December ship date. But From is known for its short development schedules, so perhaps later this year we'll see a more complete version of Armored Core 4.

TGS 2006: Railfan Hands On

Tokyo, Kyoto and... Chicago?

September 23, 2006 - Railfan was competing with Konami's Mahjong Fight Club for the prize of "PS3 launch title we'll buy only because it's a launch title." And then, we found out something surprising about the game. In addition to giving players a chance to "drive" trains through Japanese cities like Tokyo and Kyoto, the game also includes a bit of good ol' America in the form of... Chicago!

Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, Chicago is, as you may-or-may-not know, America's third most populous city behind New York City and Los Angeles. It's also home to the Sears Tower and (close to the subject at hand) was the birthplace of railroad sleeping cars.

The inclusion of Chicago means no more dealing with such exotic train lines as the Yamanote Line and the Tokyo Rinkai Kousoku Tetsudo Rinkai Line. In Railfan, you'll at last get a chance to guide your train on a line with a good old fashion American name like "Brown." And no more going between places with such strange names as Yoyogi and Takadanobaba. Bring on Rockwell, Wellington, Southport!

Brought to us by Ongakukan, maker of such train simulators as Train Simulator, Railfan promises all the simulation aspects of Taito's far more well-known Densha De Go series. The game is actually being made by developers responsible for Train Simulator and Densha de Go.

Believe it or not, Railfan is likely to be one of the first games to fully benefit from the PS3's Blu-Ray media. Like most train simulations, the game uses full motion video streaming for its train runs. The Railfan developers used high definition cameras to capture the included footage. While the footage quality isn't at the level of a fine tuned Blu-Ray disk, it is a step up from previous train sims.

In addition to cockpit views of your train ride, a push of a button lets you toggle to a cinematic third person view of the train moving about through the city. Both views can be seen simultaneously through a picture-in-picture view.

The game also provides a few tourist options. As you move from stop to stop, you can view information about key tourist spots.

Aside from these bits of interaction, all you do is push up and down to speed your train up and slow it down. The real test is in making sure your train stops within the requisite boundaries of the station.

In addition to the L, the game will offer some Japan-based gameplay. The title includes Tokyo's Chuo Line (the choice for train-based suicide in Japan) and the Kyoto-Osaka Keihan-Outou Line ( a line that connects Kyoto and Osaka).

But we chose to try out the Chicago line at TGS. Sadly, despite the American connection, Railfan has about as much a chance of making it across the Pacific as any of the train simulators that have come before. Let's hope Ongakukan keeps the region encoding option off.

TGS 2006: Gran Turismo For Cheap

Sony to practically give away first PS3 entry.

September 23, 2006 - Bummed about Sony's micro transaction plans for Gran Turismo HD? Well this news might soften the blow just a bit. Japan's Impress Watch games site reports that, in comments made to the Japanese press, series producer Kazunori Yamauchi revealed that Sony plans to make GT HD available for the cost of the game disk and instruction manual. This suggests a retail price point of just a few dollars for the first PS3 Gran Turismo game.

This form of distribution is not new in the online gaming world. The PC version of Swing Golf Panya, for instance, is available for free. All monetary transactions coming when players purchase items. The PC title has thus far been a big success.

GT HD will include two main modes of play, Sony revealed earlier this week. Classic mode is basically Gran Turismo 4 running in 1080p along with a few other visual enhancements. The focus of this mode is on online play. Players race one-another online and purchase cars and tracks for a few dollars each. This mode won't include any courses and tracks from the start.

In comparison, those who want a more offline-oriented experience will be able to try out Premium mode. In addition to offering an early glimpse at the Gran Turismo 5 graphics engine (the actual GT5 won't be released until 2008), this mode will include 30 cars and 2 brand-new tracks right out of the box.

Sony clarified at TGS that Premium mode itself will have downloads. Players will be able to download 30 additional cars and a couple of additional tracks at the time of the game's release. The timing of these downloads suggests that they will not be free.

Development on Gran Turismo HD is currently at the 70% mark. A Japanese release is set for December.

TGS 2006: Gran Turismo HD Update

Details on car damage, updated AI, and more!

September 23, 2006 - For our 30th Gran Turismo story here at TGS, we've got quite the update courtesy of Japanese site Gpara.com. Series producer Kazunori Yamauchi held a talk event at the show in which he revealed a number of new details on GT HD and the future of the series.

Yamauchi provided a summary of what's known about GT HD so far, including the split in modes between classic and premium. Just to avoid confusion, we'll repeat the details here. Classic mode is GT4 in high definition and with a few additional visual enhancements. The mode will be playable exclusively through downloadable cars and tracks. Premium mode is a single player preview of Gran Turismo 5, featuring a full-fledged PS3 graphics engine and detailed tracks and car models.

Yamauchi also touched upon the new Ferrari license that came to light earlier this week. Ferrari cars will not only appear in GT HD, but starting half a year from now and continuing for a period of a year, Polyphony Digital and Ferrari will engage in collaborative marketing efforts.

The focus of Yamauchi's speech was on GT HD's online aspects. "GT HD is an online game," said Yamauchi, " and a large scale one at that." While we've already written about the game's online features, from online races to car and track downloads, Yamauchi today hinted at deeper plans. "We'd like to offer users the freedom that was only available to developers," he explained, without going into further details.

While GT HD's reliance on micro transactions came to light earlier in the week, Yamauchi let slip a few specifics regarding Sony's download plans for the game and, potentially, other online PlayStation titles. Sony will host a PlayStation Store service, Yamauchi revealed. This store will be accessible from the PlayStation 3's main menu. For GT-HD, this is where you'll be able to purchase new cars and tracks.

Downloads will be included in both the premium and classic modes of play. The premium mode, as we mentioned in an earlier article, will include 30 cars and 2 courses from the start. Available for download at launch, according to Sony's official press materials, will be one new course and 30 additional cars. Yamauchi revealed at the talk event that premium-grade cars and courses will continue to be added in the future for download.

For classic mode, the number of potential downloads is staggering. Users will be able to download 770 cars, 51 courses and 4,500 items. These numbers are end targets though. At the start of service, only 51 "items" will be available for download. Yamauchi did not give specifics on how this number breaks down.

Car damage will at long last make it into GT-HD, Yamauchi revealed. However, this long sought-after feature won't be available from the start. Polyphony plans to make it available as an update some time in 2007.

Also set to become available through an update is opponent AI. Polyphony will make updated opponent AI routines available for download in the first half of 2007.

Yamauchi also commented on a mysterious new feature that was noticed by some in the GT HD demo on display in the Sony booth. The demo offered players a choice between "normal" and "professional" driving models. Professional, will offer a more realistic driving experience, explained Yamauchi.

IGN attempted to test this feature out on the show floor, but found it difficult to notice the difference due to the choppy frame rate resulting from the early state of the game. We look forward to trying out the feature in the final version.

So why are we getting this fragmented download project instead of the real GT5? Yamauchi discussed some of the logistics behind making the next Gran Turismo. "Creating a car for GT4 took approximately one month. This time, it takes half a year," explained Yamauchi, referring to the development of a car for the premium mode of GT HD (that is to say, cars at the GT5 spec level). "The amount of data for each car is approximately 20 times that of GT4."

They could have still given the game the GT5 name, of course. Yamauchi addressed this as well. "We feel that game play style is changing these days. For the first Gran Turismo, the total play time was over 100 hours. However, GT HD will probably be played around 10 to 30 minutes a day. In other words, rather than concentrating play on a single game over 10s of hours, people will play a little bit each day.. We realize that this is the type of play style that meets current needs, and hope to offer it to players."

There will be a Gran Turismo 5, though. "It will definitely be released in the future," said Yamauchi about the next numbered GT game. On separate occasions, Yamauchi has said that GT5 will be available in 2008.

TGS 2006: Sony Booth Pictorial

Take a visual tour of the biggest booth on the show floor.

September 23, 2006 - Sony had a significantly hefty presence at the Tokyo Game Show this year. Its booth packed over a dozen fully playable PS3 titles, as well as several new titles for the PlayStation Portable. Aside from simply having a lot of actually content, the booth happened to look great, too. The biggest games, such as Warhawk, Resistance: Fall of Man and Heavenly Sword dominated the floor space with massive displays.

The company also set up an area where attendees could charge and download the latest firmware for their PSPs. Not only that, Sony let everyone with a PSP wirelessly download demos and other digital niceties. But the biggest portable attraction had to be the kiosk for Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. It really brought the kids into the booth. Head below to check it out.

tgs-2006-sony-booth-pictorial-20060923112112950-000.jpg tgs-2006-sony-booth-pictorial-20060923112113575-000.jpg tgs-2006-sony-booth-pictorial-20060923112114904-000.jpg tgs-2006-sony-booth-pictorial-20060923112116264-000.jpg

tgs-2006-sony-booth-pictorial-20060923112115639-000.jpg tgs-2006-sony-booth-pictorial-20060923112114232-000.jpg tgs-2006-sony-booth-pictorial-20060923112111950-000.jpg

TGS 2006: PS3 Retail Packaging

At least it looks like it could be the retail packaging.

September 23, 2006 - Sony never went on record saying it had completed the packing and retail details for the PS3. But anyone wondering around Sony's booth, or at the least the back portion of it, may have come across a pyramid constructed of PS3 boxes. It stood to the left of the Resistance: Fall of Man demonstration and each box looked just about ready to ship.

Each box had a front view of the black system on the front, with several profile views on the side. On the bottom of the front, however, you could see the Blu Ray logo toward the bottom. On the bottom left hand corner sat a marker stating the system inside contained the 60 gig hard drive as opposed to the smaller model. The upper left hand side also had the Sony logo, and across from it stood the familiar PlayStation logo. Are these boxes final? Maybe and maybe not. But it's a safe guess the final version will look darn close.

Check them out for yourselves down below.

tgs-2006-ps3-retail-packaging-20060924000332790-000.jpg tgs-2006-ps3-retail-packaging-20060924000815550-000.jpg tgs-2006-ps3-retail-packaging-20060924000333555-000.jpg

TGS 2006 Best-In-Show Award winners

At the Tokyo Game Show 2006, attendees were asked to vote for games from a field of 650 titles not yet available in Japan. Tokyo University Professor Emeritus Takeshi Yoro headed the committee in determining the winners and awarded 11 game titles that look promising:

Elebits (Konami) for the Wii

Gyakuten Saiban 4 [Phoenix Wright 4] (Capcom) for the DS

Gran Turismo HD (Sony) for the PS3

The Eye of Judgment (Sony) for the PS3

Heavenly Sword (Sony) for the PS3

Seiken Densetsu 4 [Dawn of Mana] (Square Enix) for the PS2

Tales of Destiny (Namco Bandai) for the PS2

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops (Konami) for the PSP

Monster Hunter Portable 2nd (Capcom) for the PSP

Blue Dragon (Microsoft) for the Xbox 360

Lost Planet (Capcom) for the Xbox 360

From the list, it's clear that Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo are all winners. Check out the images from the awarding ceremony.

1_qjgenth.jpg3_qjgenth.jpg2_qjgenth.jpg

4_qjgenth.jpg5_qjgenth.jpg6_qjgenth.jpg

11_qjgenth.jpg8_qjgenth.jpg7_qjgenth.jpg

9_qjgenth.jpg10_qjgenth.jpg

Virtua Tennis 3 Drops Online Play For PS3 Version?

According to a Finnish website, the PS3 version of Virtua Tennis 3 will not feature an online mode. Apparently, Producer Mie Kumagai from Sega said that Sony has not delivered the necessary information about their online network to make coding the online mode possible. Rumor mill for now, but since this exaclty scenario happened with Tony Hawk's Project 8 as well, we believe it.

TGS 2006: Unreal Tournament PS3 Supports MODs

Microsoft 'quite negative toward user-created content.'

Amidst all the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 hands-on impressions and high-resolution videos, Gamasutra sat in on a Q&A session with Epic Games' CEO Tim Sweeney during TGS, where he discussed the difficulties and benefits of working with the PlayStation 3 hardware, how game development will change in the future and his enthusiasm for Sony's "enlightened business model" when it comes to online gaming.

Sony's approach will enable Epic Games to grant fans access to create their own content for Unreal Tournament 2007 using Epic Games-released development tools and distribute them to PlayStation 3 users. Nothing like this has been attempted on consoles before because it wrestles control over content from the publishers, but Sweeny says he "would love to transfer this mod community over to the console platforms."

One of the key differences between online gaming in the PC space and the console world is the interaction between the gamer and the game itself. On the PC, developers typically release tools that open up entire communities to creating modifications, ranging from a new character to full-scale conversions of gameplay and assets. Previously, this hasn't been possible on consoles.

Microsoft has started taken steps towards this issue with the release of their XNA tools, but this limits fans to developing their own games, not producing additional content for existing releases. Considering how shooter-oriented the Xbox machines are, it's a little disheartening for the hardcore, and with the advent of microtransactions, it's a little difficult to remove cynicism that Microsoft simply doesn't want to take away from potential profit.

Even Sweeny agrees Microsoft hasn't been easy to negotiate with on the issue. "Unfortunately it's [Xbox Live] more of a closed platform," and says they've even been "quite negative toward user-created content."

If Sony's gamble is successful, we could see an interesting balance between user-created content and developer-driven, more polished, purchasable releases. The model works on the PC -- why else do you think companies are able to sell expansion packs while users continue to crank out their own content? The question is whether Microsoft will end up following suit.

LINK..

einai i idea mou i mipos ta games tou ps3 exoun arxisei na deixnoun poli kala grafika? trellathika me ta amaksia tou grand tourismo.... an kai ta gyro gyro de me entyposiasan ektos apo ta vouna ta aytokinita itan ta kalitera pou exo dei os tora...kalitera k apo pgr kai apo tdu kai apo nfs! apisteytes kabiles me elaxista poligona...idomen...eimai poli periergos na do diafores metaksi ton 2 konsolon...stis leptomeries psaxnomiai i alitheia...alla prin ligo kairo me eixe apogoiteysei to ps3 an kai noris vlepo poli veltiosi!

EDIT: re paidia mia xari thelo...as mou eksigisei ligo kapoios gia na mi psaxno to post ti akrivos exei paiksei me tis xreoseis sto ps3 giati ta exo xasei ligo...ti tha xreonoun den exo katalavei... thanks ek ton proteron! ;)

Sorry αλλά εμένα δεν με τρέλανε. Ναι μεν όμορφα αμάξια αλλά η σκιά κάτω από το αμάξι είναι στατική (ναι βλέπουμε τα ωραία σας HDR εφέ πάνω στο καπό,η σκιά του αμαξιού όμως τι έγινε; ). Απλό περιβάλλον (κενό),μηδαμινά εφέ από τις ρόδες (μου φάνηκε λες και πετάει το αμάξι σε ένα σημείο),οι σκιές από τα δέντρα είναι διακοσμητικές και δεν απεικονίζονται στο αμάξι όταν περνάει ενώ οι αντανακλάσεις πάνω στο αμάξι (του περιβάλλοντος) δεν με έπεισαν. Για το τελευταίο ίσως θα πρέπει να το δω από κοντά,πάντως όλα τα άλλα με απογοήτευσαν. Τέλος είδατε τα κολλήματα στο MGS4; Τι να το κάνω κι ας είναι 1080p όταν έχει τόσα κολλήματα (για να μην πω για το ΑΙ των αντιπάλων που ήταν απλά τραγικό). Το μόνο που μου άρεσε αρκετά ήταν το F1,είδωμεν.

re mas doyleboyn....

perasa simera apo ta multirama kai pira ena prospektoys.se mia selida paroysiazan to ps3 kai apo pano me megala gramata elege pos 8a to exoyn ton noembrio...(an den tixi tipota aproopto)(bebea den elegan pion noembrio...!)

kserete tipota?

Αρχειοθετημένο

Αυτό το θέμα έχει αρχειοθετηθεί και είναι κλειστό για περαιτέρω απαντήσεις.

Επισκέπτης
Αυτό το θέμα είναι πλέον κλειστό για περαιτέρω απαντήσεις.

• Δημιουργία νέου...