Προς το περιεχόμενο

PS3 Ειδήσεις {News Topic}

privateer

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

• Απαντ. 9,5k
  • Δημ.
  • Τελ. απάντηση

CES 2008: Sony Confirms In-Game XMB Sometime in ʼ08

Sonyʼs gaming division might have a small showing at this yearʼs CES, but that isnʼt keep Paul Purdy from dropping some big PS3 news: in-game Xross Media Bar (XMB) access is confirmed for 2008. When pressed for a specific timeframe, the Sony rep simply relayed that Sonyʼs focus at CES is on hardware.

For those not aware, the PS3ʼs operating system is unavailable while in games. This prevents the use of custom soundtracks or messenging while a game is active, and since the Xbox 360 offers its users both while in-game, PS3 owners have been justifiably frustrated.

More information to come as it is released.

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

PS3 Server Status Update

Firstly, on behalf of Activision and DemonWare, Iʼd like to apologize for the difficulties youʼve experienced while playing the PlayStation 3 version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare during the holiday season.

The fact is that weʼve experienced an unprecedented load on the DemonWare backend servers, which has steadily increased since late December beyond our expectations. In spite of all of our planning and precautions, the extreme load revealed several issues. These issues triggered unscheduled downtime this past month. As we encountered issues, we deployed additional hardware and/or optimized the server infrastructure to keep the service up and running. However, while the servers were active for the vast majority of the time, many players experienced significant wait times repeatedly when joining games.

To overcome this issue, weʼve implemented a fix today, which should dramatically improve the time it takes to join an online game. And, in order to make additional improvements we are briefly taking the servers offline tomorrow, Wednesday January 9th at 4:00 a.m. PST

As a rule, we try to avoid scheduled downtime whenever possible. However, at this juncture we will need 1-2 hours to update a number of server infrastructure components. We apologize for any short-term inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your ongoing support and patience.

Our expectation is that the server load will continue to increase as system bottlenecks are removed. So in the coming days, we will continue to monitor our system and make further optimizations and improvements as necessary. We will be deploying additional hardware to improve our database throughput and load handling. In addition to the added hardware, we are further optimizing components of the underlying server software to improve performance. We hope to be able to hot deploy these updates while the system is live. In the event that the system requires further scheduled downtime, we will post a message both here and in-game via the “Message of the Day” to keep everyone informed.

Rest assured that we are taking every possible action to insure that your Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare online PS3 experience is smooth and trouble free. We apologize for the trouble this has caused and ask for your understanding and cooperation as we get things sorted over the coming days.

Thanks,

Steve Pearce

CTO, Activision

New GUI in Motorstorm 2

Designing the GUI

03 January 2008 by Administrator

Happy new year everyone, I hope you all enjoyed the holidays, I know I did!

The majority of us are now all back in the office, slugging away to make our next game the best we've ever done, so all you lucky people can enjoy the very best that our future games will have to offer! And on that note, I'd like to have a quick chat about what I'm currently working on for the sequel to MotorStorm: the GUI (Graphical User Interface). We've been working on the design of the GUI for several months, taking what we did for MotorStorm and throwing it out the window, completely starting from scratch.

We've approached the design of the GUI from a fresh angle and I think we've come up with something pretty impressive, both functionally and artistically. At the moment we have a solid design and a basic, functional GUI comprised of placeholder art and text, nothing to write home about! However, we are just about to get started on implementing the incredible art that the Graphic Design team has come up with so we can start getting a real sense of how the GUI will finally work, both visually and functionally. Unfortunately I can't go into any more detail than that at the moment, but I'll be writing more on this as we move further along in development.

Ryan

http://www.evos.net/blog/2008/1/3/designing-the-gui.aspx

Ubisoft: Haze still probably delayed until March

Free Radical's big PS3 exclusive debut, Haze, caught our eye when we first saw it at last year's at PAX. Rumblings that the game's early winter release date was pushed back to March, or potentially even later, have abounded since then, but Ubisoft has confirmed to Ars that the title is expected to land before March.

Ubisoft Montreal's Audrey-Ann Milot told Ars in an email that the company had "decided to postpone the release" to "put the final touches to the game," and that the game is still slated to be released in January - February 2008 "January - March 2008."

The game's original November release was postponed for the aforementioned reason, and perhaps to avoid a market saturated with numerous other big name titles. Rumors that the game had been delayed again surfaced when retailers such as GameStop changed the pre-release date to March 2008.

With the pedigree of the fantastic Timesplitters franchise behind it, Free Radical seems poised to hit the PS3 in a big way with a strong single player and multiplayer shooter, and publisher Ubisoft has another big title to follow Assassin's Creed. Expect a full review from Ars.

Update: Ars was contacted by Ubisoft again last night to correct what was previously said: the new release window is indeed January-March 2008 (or Q4), and thus the game could very well end up arriving in March.

IGN: Comparing load times for Devil May Cry 4

"You have to install. On the plus of that it practically eliminates most of the load times. It is one of those things where it is almost seamless. You maybe get that loading screen for half a second to a second then you're right back into the action."

"The 360 preview version that we have the loading is at least 5-10 seconds depending upon the level. It is significant. This is because the 360 does not have the install option."

"The PS3 has not-that-noticeably shorter load times between screens, but that's like 2 seconds versus the Xbox 360's 3 second loads. Seriously, count out 3 seconds. The PS3, however, forces you to install the game on your harddrive, a not insignificant process. I don't know why you're made to do this"

EA aware of ProStreet PS3 glitches

EA is well aware its December Need For Speed ProStreet patch is irreparably corrupting PS3 and PC versions of the game.

This doesn't mean a fix has been found, but the developer is narrowing the problem down and ambitiously predicts it will have something to say about it tomorrow.

"It frustrates us just as much that our great fans aren't able to have an enjoyable experience with ProStreet because of issues such as these," responded an EA moderator on the official forums.

"Hold tight though, as I've already heard some stuff from the team on what the issue(s) (for PS3 at least) might be. Hopefully I'll have something to report by tomorrow morning."

Symptoms of update 1.1's problems include game freezing and crashing when tuning cars or saving games, causing many disgruntled fans to unplug until a solution is found.

"I have been playing videogames since I was a kid, 20+ years," said one forum member probably faking their age. "And this is by far the glitchiest and buggy game I have ever played!"

"I can't believe this game even made it to retail! Aside from the freezing, the frame-rate drops off at certain points, and there are even pop-ups!"

Αρχειοθετημένο

Αυτό το θέμα έχει αρχειοθετηθεί και είναι κλειστό για περαιτέρω απαντήσεις.

Επισκέπτης
Αυτό το θέμα είναι πλέον κλειστό για περαιτέρω απαντήσεις.

• Δημιουργία νέου...