PS3 Ειδήσεις {News Topic}

privateer

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

• Απαντ. 9,5k
  • Δημ.
  • Τελ. απάντηση

Burnout Paradise

Graphics:

- Locked 60 frames per seconds (nothing new). Haven't encountered any drops nor screen tearing. Little bit of shimmering though.

- Textures were a tad blurry overall, environments didn't look that good. The impressive lighting does add a lot to the graphics however, as does the flawless framerate.

- Cars looks fine. Not a huge step above Revenge's car models, but an improvement nonetheless.

- Damage models... not all that convincing. More detail than before obviously, but I haven't seen one incredible looking crash.

- The camera's mostly to blame for this, and the overall sensitivity that plagued other iterations too. Could be fixed come release.

- A nice, little touch: the more you crash, the grayer the screen becomes. When you drive through a repair shop and thus regain 'health', the colors become more vibrant.

- This is used as an indication that you can't crash much longer before you lose, but it's so subtle, that it didn't seem all that useful.

- For those that care: the producer demonstrated the game on a big-ass Bravia HDTV. The three other kiosks were equipped with significantly smaller Samsungs.

- The game looked fine on all TV screens, if not slightly better on the Samsungs. Could easily be because of the size or slightly better calibration on these.

- Menu's are quite slick (MUCH better than previous Burnouts imo) and the screensaver's neat too.

- Screensaver = if the game's idle for a few seconds, it 'abandons' the regular camera and show cinematic angles all around the city. Displayed in black & white too.

- Minimalistic, yet very functional HUD.

Sound:

- EA Trax will be back, but Channon disabled it completely because the soundtrack wasn't final.

- I did notice Avril Lavigne (Girlfriend), N.E.R.D., Depeche Mode, Mozart and Beethoven though.

- He also said they're interested in bringing back their own tracks from their previous games, but that's basically all he said about this.

- The DJ is back as well, but this time they chose for DJ Atomika from SSX. Much more tolerable than his predecessors.

- Sound effects are a big improvement over the older Burnout's, but I'm sure most of you already knew this as well.

Cars:

- There's a total of 76 vehicles, divided into three classes.

- I saw all of them: sadly, a reasonable amount of them are just the same model with a different skin.

- Haven't seen many older, recognizable cars from Burnout 1 / 2 / 3 / R, but you should know I was scrolling through them pretty quickly.

- Cops cars are in, two of them in fact. One of them is just a "regular" cop car, but the other is a reskinned Formula 1-ish race car.

- The three classes are called Stunt, Race and Aggression. Each of them have different ways of quickly collecting Boost Power.

- Stunt: naturally, by performing stunts throughout a race, like jumps, barrel rolls and so forth.

- Race: by chaining Burnouts and thus extending your Boost Meter. Progress is lost whenever you crash.

- Aggression: just keep driving dangerously and bash into the opposing cars. It's also the only kind of vehicle that's heavy enough for Traffic Checking (albeit less exaggerated).

- They seemed pretty balanced when I got to try them out: Aggression cars are a bitch to control, but pack a punch. Race Cars are built for speed, but are pretty flimsy and Stunt Cars fall right in the middle. Stats seemed pretty even.

- I think the balance will depend on the overall track design though, so we'll have to wait and see for a conclusive answer.

Open world:

- Originally, Criterion considered basing it on an existing city, but they quickly realized none of them would capture the essence of the franchise.

- And thus, they completely imagined Paradise City by themselves.

- Note: they wanted to do something like this before, but the previous generation limited them in creating their "dream game".

- Criterion thought that the tracks of the older games felt you were like driving through tunnels, so to speak. Not anymore in Paradise.

- Each street has its own name (which appears on the top of the screen), which is especially useful online.

- Each street also has its own records / leaderboards.

- Everything is seamless: hardly any loading times or separate menu's. Everything is unlocked from the get-go.

- This includes all the challenges (120 of them) and the hundreds of 'collectibles' (destructible fences and billboards, stunts and the like).

- They're there to be found by the player. The events will be marked on your map when you find them too.

- This pretty much means that you can decide which challenges you want to play in which order.

- The numerous shops where you can repair your car, change its color and fill your entire boost meter are also seamless: just blaze through them and its effects are instantly applied.

- Cars are the only exception to the rule however. They explore Paradise City just like you, and once you see them, you have to take them down before they're added in your garage.

- Speaking of which: the Junk Yard (i.e. garage) naturally requires its own menu.

- Cars took a while to load in the Junk Yard (like PGR 4 or Motorstorm, but not as bad). But again: this could be optimized for the final build.

- Also: due to the sandbox structure, Paradise is the only game in the series that sports a handbrake button.

Events:

- Burnout Paradise includes Race, Time Trials (could be wrong with this), Road Rage, Crash (now Showtime), Marked Man and Stunt.

- The first three are pretty much the same, though the game adds bonus time after each Takedown in Road Rage.

- Marked Man is the opposite of Road Rage: you're the target and the A.I. tries to eliminate you before you reach Point B.

- Knowing the environment is very important here: shortcuts allow you to catch your breath since the A.I. can't (or won't) chase you down there.

- Stunt gives you a set time to reach a certain amount of points. You're still allowed to collect points after said time limit, until you wreck yourself that is.

- Showtime is very disappointing. No more 'puzzling', no more explosions, no more replays, no more power-ups (though I'm not complaining about the omission of these).

- You can activate Showtime anytime, anywhere by pressing R2 + L2 and then you just... endlessly bounce around since there's no time limit.

- A segment of your boost meter is cut after every bounce (press X), so this is the only thing you have to keep your eyes on.

- Burnout: Paradise introduces power parking, thanks to the handbrake. The concept speaks for itself and the game rates your attempt every time.

Online:

- The best part about Burnout: Paradise, in my opinion. Very thorough.

- Leaderboards are called Street Rules and every street has them. This isn't a forced menu, but it's an on-screen ticker that occupies very little HUD space.

- Street Rules include not only the fastest time on each street, but also the longest drift, how many time a friend crashed there, and many more.

- Criterion created a very accessible alternative to the standard procedure of creating lobbies and inviting friends.

- Stuff like this is now entirely operated through the D-Pad (the Xbox 360 requires the Dashboard Blade for the FL of course) and settings can be changed on the fly.

- You can also free roam (or 'free burn') the city with complete strangers.

- Additional challenges can be activated through the D-Pad as well. I think there were at least 20 different ones.

- 'In the Navy' was located on the beach (I forgot its objective) and another one asked me and another member of the press to stand on both sides of a bridge, and collide mid-air.

- Instructions for a challenge are automatically displayed on a scrolling ticker, and the exact location is visible on the map.

- If you want to know where someone is, just ask the guy to look on his screen and tell the name of the street he's in.

- This isn't the only way the game reveals someone's position by the way: you can either look on the mini-map in the bottom left corner or open a larger map (press start).

- Here, all other players are highlighted with arrows.

Other notes:

- Events can be activated in real-time by pressing R1 + R2 near traffic lights.

- Paradise uses a dynamic difficulty for each type of events, so that the rubberband A.I. progressively increases over time.

- On the other hand, the rubberbanding is still blatant and highly annoying on the higher difficulties.

- The controls are still a little too sensitive at random intervals in the build I played. Could be fixed.

- Third-person camera gets in the way when a larger vehicle is right behind you. And like I said earlier: also a little iffy during crashes.

- Paradise feels very familiar (perhaps a little too familiar), even though Channon said that they wanted to start from scratch. Whether this is good or bad, is up to you.

- I'm not entirely convinced about the sandbox gameplay. But to be fair: I have yet to play a racer where I actually liked having an open world (including TRU, among others).

- However... Burnout: Paradise has the best online infrastructure for a sandbox racer, by far. Convenient and easy to use.

- Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 version should be identical, bar minor differences like the Friends List and achievements.

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

Burnout Paradise demo dated for next Thursday

A while back, Criterion announced that a demo of Burnout Paradise would be appearing on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live sometime in December. Now we finally know when in December that demo will appear.

Criterion Games has updated their website with a demo countdown and the timer expires on Thursday, December 13 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time.

So sit back and relax for the next seven days, Criterion will have your two tickets to Paradise ready soon.

UT 3

Bringing a new form of firepower to the PS3.

Halo 3's Forge mode is cool, but a true level editor it is not. When UT3 ships on PC, Epic will be bundling their complete suite of dev tools. PC developers have long made their tools available to the community -- what's special here is that Epic is including PS3. This means PS3 owners will have access to fresh modes, weapons, and levels -- even completely new games if people are ambitious enough.

The specifics haven't been worked out, but, essentially, the tools come with an "export to PS3" option that makes PC user content playable on PS3. You can download mods from the Web, store them on a memory stick, then immediately start playing with them. We're not sure how Epic and publisher Midway will filter the content, but they're committed to bringing this potentially revolutionary experience to PS3 owners.

Αρχειοθετημένο

Αυτό το θέμα έχει αρχειοθετηθεί και είναι κλειστό για περαιτέρω απαντήσεις.

Επισκέπτης
Αυτό το θέμα είναι πλέον κλειστό για περαιτέρω απαντήσεις.

• Δημιουργία νέου...