Προς το περιεχόμενο

PS3 Ειδήσεις {News Topic}

privateer

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

Korean banks profess love of PS3

weluvplaystation.jpg

The Shihan Bank in Korea is home to a brand new promotion that shouts out loud: WE LOVE PLAYSTATION. The "Bank Zone" allows bankers to play PlayStation 3 games while they wait. Maybe Sony's thinking that these Korean consumers wouldn't mind withdrawing an extra $599 $499 518,000 won to pick up a system.

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

• Απαντ. 9,5k
  • Δημ.
  • Τελ. απάντηση

According to a german gaming news site (gamefront.de), Konami is going to host a closed beta test on MGS online from 20th of August to September, the 3rd. As by now, several japanese beta applicants have already received their beta invitation through PSN. Although most gamers in the world, aside from some lucky japanese guys, wont have the pleasure of being part of that beta test, the great thing about the not to far away beta test sould be all the cool incoming coverage on it in the form of screenshots and gameplay videos taken by the participants...

Have a look:

mgonline.jpg

Wal-Mart's own version of PS3 musical chairs:

"I got tripped up, and then I got pushed and shoved right into my chair, banged on my knee, ripped my pants. Somebody landed right on top of me and they had to actually pull that person off of me because I was halfway on the chair and I hit my head on the chair."

Sony Blog Responds to "PS3 Can't Handle AI As Well As 360"

PS3 Stress Test

+ Posted by Dave Karraker // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications

A lot of noise has been made recently about the reliability issues of one of our competitorʼs systems. So, not surprisingly, some of our more ambitious PlayStation faithfuls decided to run their own stress test on the PlayStation 3. They put it in a freezer at zero degrees for up to 108 hours and they put it in a sauna at 120 degrees for up to 64 hours — all the while running games and Blu-ray Disc movies on it. Did it fail? Nope. Like the Energizer Bunny, it kept going and going and going. Probably not something you want to try at home, but our thanks to the guys at PS3 Vault for putting our system through the ringer.

A poster on the Official Blog by the screen name of "Free" had this to say on recent article posted on the Blog.

Would you guys mind commenting on the recent statements by a Developer claiming that “the PS3 canʼt handle AI nearly as well as the 360?

It seems more of the same type of stuff addressed in your “Is the PS3 Really Harder to Develop For?” blog… But it would be nice to get an official response to the attack on the PS3ʼs capabilities.

It is nice to have something these articles about this can print to balance out the reporting.

"PS3 can more than handle AI, as you will see with Heavenly Sword, which has hundreds of on-screen enemies with different AI routines at one time thanks to the power of CELL." - responded Dave Karraker Sr. Director of Corporate Communications.

Dave Karraker | August 13th, 2007 at 9:52 pm

@Free — PS3 can more than handle AI, as you will see with Heavenly Sword, which has hundreds of on-screen enemies with different AI routines at one time thanks to the power of CELL.

@Kenji — We will always keep an eye on the market to see what other colors would be welcomed here in the US for PSP. Your input is certainly welcome.

@DubbedInEnglish — You crack me up.

@Cmack98 — Good meeting you as well in Vegas. You clearly caught me before I lost all that money at craps.

αν το splinter cell εχει πιο ενδιαφερoυσα A.I. απο το assasins creed, τοτε θα ξερουμε...

αλλωστε τα ιδια πραγματα (περι συγκριτικης αδυναμιας ps3 για A.I.) ειχε πει και η ομαδα του assasins creed παλιοτερα, αλλα μεσα σε ενα τριημερο ανασκευασαν.

παντως ο Dany Lepage, technical director στην ubisoft, που εκανε αυτη τη δηλωση, δεν ειναι και καννα ασχετο παιδαρελι απο τις δημοσιες σχεσεις...

Dany Lepage

Technical Director, Ubisoft

Dany Lepage has been at Ubisoft since September 2002. Until February 2003, Mr. Lepage worked as a 3D programmer on the PC adaptation of the original Splinter Cell. Mr. Lepage then moved to Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory as the lead programmer and technical director for the last 2 years. From April 2000 to May 2002, Mr. Lepage was a PC System and 3D architect at Nvidia Corporation working on products such as the GeForce 3, nForce and XBOX. From May 1997 to March 2000, Mr. Lepage worked at Matrox Graphics as a chip designer and a chip architect on the G200 and the G400 chips. Mr. Lepage holds a B.S. in Computer Engineering from Laval University.

ισως καποιος να σκεφτει οτι εκανε τετοιες δηλωσεις γιατι το splinter cell ειναι 360 exclusive,

αλλα απο την αλλη και δεν ειχε λογο να πει κατι τετοιο, και δεν ειναι η θεση του να μιλαει <<μαρκετινιστικα>>:mrgreen:.

θα δουμε...

Ίσως αν κάποιος σκεφτεί το ΑΙ του HS και του Uncharted και μετά δει αυτό να κατουρηθεί από τα γέλια... Και το λέω γιατί τόσο γελοίο ακούγεται.... Δε ξέρω ποιος είναι ο κύριος τι συμφέροντα υποστηρίζει και καλά κάνει και τα υποστηρίζει αλλά δεν μιλάει σε χόρτο... Δηλαδή καταντάει γελοίο εντελώς το θέμα... Αυτός δε βλέπει πόσα παιχνίδια ξεπερνάνε τις μαλακίες που βγάζει η Ubi? Για να δούμε όμως όπως λες και εσύ Πέτρο τι θα λέει και το splinter για να ξέρουμε τι θα λέμε. Πάντως αυτά περί AI κλπ κλπ είναι μη πω για τι... Έχουμε μάτια και βλέπουμε... Έλεος...

Call of Duty 4 dev: COD 4 on PS3 is going to kick ass!

Guys, I have been seeing lots of folks talking about how they are going to be getting the shaft on PS3. Once and for all, let me say, CoD4 on the PS3 is going to KICK BUTTOCKS!

We have had some of the most talented developers in the world working on the PS3 version since day one. Before they had anything to work with with CoD4, they were taking CoD2 and bringing it over to the PS3. This gave them a massive understanding of how the PS3 hardware works (and only took them a few months). As soon as CoD4 was ready to be under full development, that team began optimizing the game for the PS3. Which was in month 4 or 5 I believe.

We just blew Sony's socks off at E3. They wanted to know why all 3rd party games didn't have console parity like we do. They are EXTREMELY excited about CoD4 for the PS3.

Stay tuned for updates on special CoD4 luv on the PS3.

and yes, PS3 version has 60 FPS minimum.

maxconsol

Only 0.2% of PS3s are faulty according to Sony

Speaking with Spong at this week's Edinburgh Interactive Festival, Chris Deering, the founder of SCEE mentioned that the failure rate for the PlayStation 3 is a teeny-tiny 0.2%. Industry standard for hardware failure rates on consoles has historically been 3-5%, so the PS3's fantastically low failure rate really showcases how well Sony designed the system.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/

GameSpy Tech στις PS3 και PC εκδόσεις του Unreal Tournament 3 (πιθανότητα για crossplay). Mark Rein : "Το DVD μας περιορίζει"

http://www.gamers.gr/?render=news.feed&id=2126

Πάρα πολύ κοντά φαίνεται να είναι το crossplay μεταξύ των PS3 και PC εκδόσεων,καθώς σήμερα η Epic Games ανακοίνωσε ότι αγόρασε τα δικαιώματα χρήσης των νέων Online υπηρεσιών του GameSpy (GameSpy Tech). Αυτό πρακτικά σημαίνει ότι οι PS3 και PC εκδόσεις θα διαθέτουν Multiplayer μέρος (τόσο Servers,όσο και άλλα χαρακτηριστικά) που θα διανέμει το GameSpy. Επίσης ενδέχεται αυτή η κίνηση να έχει ως αποτέλεσμα και το crossplay μεταξύ των 2 εκδόσεων μέσω του GameSpy Tech. Παρόλα αυτά όμως δεν υπάρχει κάποια επίσημη ανακοίνωση από την μεριά της Epic Games,οπότε και μένουμε επιφυλακτικοί όσον αφορά το crossplay.

Από τα παραπάνω φαίνεται να μένουν στα κρύα του λουτρού οι Χ360 χρήστες,καθώς το Online μέρος του Χ360 λογικά θα βασίζεται στο Xbox Live,πράγμα που σημαίνει ότι αν πραγματοποιηθεί το crossplay τότε συμβατές θα είναι μονάχα οι PS3 και PC εκδόσεις. Το κερασάκι στην τούρτα των αρνητικών εντυπώσεων της X360 έκδοσης έρχεται να προστεθεί από τις πρόσφατες δηλώσεις του Mark Rein όσον αφορά την χωρητικότητα του DVD.

Σύμφωνα με τον Rein,το UT3 της Χ360 έκδοσης θα κυκλοφορήσει με λιγότερο περιεχόμενο από αυτό της PS3,εξαιτίας της "μικρής" χωρητικότητας του DVD. Ο Rein δήλωσε ότι η Epic Games θα προσπαθήσει να συμπιέσει κάποια δεδομένα,αλλά ενδέχεται να δούμε λιγότερους MP χάρτες στην Χ360 έκδοση. Το Blue-Ray,λέει ο Mark Rein,ότι προσφέρει μεγαλύτερα περιθώρια ενώ υπάρχει περίπτωση να ενσωματωθούν και MODS σε κάποια μελλοντική έκδοση του UT3.

Κλείνοντας να σας θυμίσουμε ότι ο Mark Rein δεν φημίζεται για την αντικειμενικότητα του. Χαρακτηριστικά αναφέρουμε τις δηλώσεις του σχετικά με το Gears Of War (αφενός ότι θα χρειάζονταν 4 χρόνια για να τρέξει κάποιο PC το GoW στο επίπεδο της X360,αφετέρου ότι το GoW θα είναι οπτικά καλύτερο από το Crysis). Πολλοί θα αναρωτηθούν και θα πουν <<Γιατί δεν συμπιέζουν καλύτερα τα δεδομένα;>>. Η απάντηση είναι απλή. Αν συμπιεστούν τα δεδομένα με διαφορετικό είδος συμπίεσης από την Lossless (της οποίας τα συμπιεσμένα αρχεία καταλαμβάνουν και αρκετά MB) τότε θα υπάρξει και αλλοίωση. Άρα όσο περισσότερο συμπιεστούν,τόσο περισσότερο αλλοιωμένα θα είναι. Τα συμπιεσμένα textures κι ο ήχος ΔΕΝ είναι zip-αρισμένα αρχεία όπως μπορεί να νομίζουν μερικοί χρήστες. Υπάρχει τεράστια διαφορά μεταξύ συμπιεσμένων δεδομένων και συμπιεσμένων αρχείων. Αφήστε δε ότι αν είναι ΚΑΙ zip-αρισμένα τα εν λόγω αρχεία τότε θα απαιτείται είτε εγκατάσταση σε σκληρό δίσκο,είτε να περιμένετε με τις ώρες για να φορτώσει μια πίστα. Όσοι έχουν παρακολουθήσει σεμινάρια "Επεξεργασία Εικόνας-Ήχου" θα γνωρίζουν ακριβώς σε τι αναφερόμαστε. Οι υπόλοιποι πιστέψτε μας,δεν είναι απλή υπόθεση η συμπίεση των δεδομένων όσο το πάτημα ενός Create Zip-File στο Winrar.

Αρχειοθετημένο

Αυτό το θέμα έχει αρχειοθετηθεί και είναι κλειστό για περαιτέρω απαντήσεις.

Επισκέπτης
Αυτό το θέμα είναι πλέον κλειστό για περαιτέρω απαντήσεις.

• Δημιουργία νέου...