Προς το περιεχόμενο

PS3 Ειδήσεις {News Topic}

privateer

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

• Απαντ. 9,5k
  • Δημ.
  • Τελ. απάντηση

η γλώσσα δεν αλλάζει στο playstation network γιατι προς το παρών έχει χώρα μόνο ιαπωνία (λογικό γιατί μόνο εκεί κυκλοφόρισε ακόμα)

το μενου του ps3 μπορει να είναι σε διάφορες γλώσσες

05_1.JPG

:roll:

μακαρι να εχεις δικιο.

ομως λογικο ειναι και το αλλο, δηλ. να ειναι region locked το online.

υστερα απο τα γεγονοτα με το lik-sang δεν θα ητανε μεγαλη εκπληξη για αρκετους.

σε μερικες μερες που θα φτασει officially και στο US το PS3 θα ξερουμε.

The store itself is Japanese only. Everything else is in English. Setting up your online account is also Japanese-only.

επισης τα prepaid cards δεν εχει νοημα να ειναι region locked! αυτο που συμβαινει ειναι οτι το online (απο οτι ξερουμε μεχρι τωρα) δεχεται μονο πιστωτικες καρτες που σχετιζονται με την ιαπωνικη αγορα.

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

Hands On: The PlayStation Store

We download games, demos and movie clips and live to tell the tale.

........ Click on an item, and you're taken to a full screen view detailing the content and pricing information. This screen gives a detailed description of what exactly it is that you're downloading, along with compatible resolutions, space required for the download and for saving (if you're downloading a game) and any warning messages.

In the case of free content, this screen houses a download button. Click on this, and after selecting the location for your download, the download starts up immediately. Alas, our worst fears (second only to the threat of nuclear annihilation from North Korea) have been realized: the PS3, like the early Xbox 360, can't multitask downloads. You're stuck waiting for the download to finish before you can take control of your system. Thankfully, the network was pretty fast for the few downloads we made, with a 200 megabyte download taking less than a minute. For game content, the PS3 also goes through an automatic installation process which takes just a few seconds. Still, we hope a download list is on the cards for the next firmware update.

If you're dealing with paid content, the download button is replaced with a button for placing the content in your shopping cart. Click on it, and you're taken to your shopping cart screen, which lists all the items you have in your cart, the total bill, and the amount of money you'll have remaining in your wallet following purchase. You can continue shopping, or proceed to checkout from here.

We tested out the paid shopping experience with the single paid item currently in the PlayStation Store, Blast Factor. Following the shopping cart screen, we attempted to purchase the item, but the shop warned that the IGN wallet was empty and asked if we'd like to add charge. Currently, charging can be achieved exclusively through credit card, and it has to be a Japanese credit card at that. Other options, including gift certificate and pre-paid card code entry, will presumably be added when such products are available for purchase.

The overall flow of the shopping experience at the PlayStation Store is smooth. There's some concern that the interface won't be able to cope with the oceans of content that will become available throughout the system's life. However, a flexible folder structure for the main shopping screen should ensure that Sony will be able to organize its content in various ways.

One of the nice things about the PlayStation Store, at least for those worried about overspending, is that it sends e-mails to you whenever you download anything. Following your download, you get a receipt sent to the e-mail that you specified when registering your PlayStation Network account. The receipt lists the items that you purchased, the purchase amount, and the amount of money remaining in your wallet. Of course, you can also keep track of all this via an option on the cross media bar that keeps track of your purchase history.

Despite smooth process to checkout, the PlayStation Store interface does have some big problems at this point. Most prominent is its unresponsiveness. Every button press makes the interface pause for a brief moment as it loads up new header images. Moving between the few items currently available was annoying enough; we can't imagine what will happen when the content starts filling up.

The store, which runs as a webpage using the PS3's web browser, seems more optimized at this point for the mouse than for controller use, something that will cause a problem for most PS3 owners. It's true that the analogue stick can be used to move a pointer around like a mouse, but this works as poorly as it has in previous console-based browsers. Your best bet for navigation is to use the d-pad, but with the current shopping interface, this occasionally requires scrolling through text descriptions, and guessing at which button you should push due to icons not lining up correctly.

A few other issues seem like mere oversights rather than problematic design decisions. The shop currently doesn't mark which items you've already downloaded. We kept on downloading the same Blast Factor demo over and over again. At least the store was smart enough to overwrite the original demo rather than creating multiple copies.

We've posted a video of the PlayStation Store in action. Unfortunately, we had to reduce the output resolution of the PS3 to standard def in order to capture the video. The store's content is easier to access when viewed in at least 720p, so keep in mind that you're not getting a look at the optimized shopping experience that you'll have if you have a high def television.

With that in mind, download the clip here:

PlayStation Store Interface

Hands On: From Software Demo Disc

New, hot trailers for Armored Core 4 and Enchant Arm.

November 12, 2006 - A special surprise was waiting for purchasers of the PlayStation 3 on launch day at select retailers. From Software and Sega representatives were on hand to distribute a limited edition demo disc for Armored Core 4 and Enchant Arms, From's first two PS3 titles.

We were at first expecting a Blu-ray disc containing video footage, which would be perfect for testing the Blu-ray playback of the PS3 (without parting with 5,000 yen for one of the 10 Blu-ray discs now available at Japanese retail). When we found out that the disc was an actual PlayStation 3 compatible Blu-ray ROM, we were ecstatic, expecting playable demos. This would instantly make the PS3, and its 5 launch titles (at least two of which should've never been released) 10 times more worthy.

pixy.gifhands-on-from-software-demo-disc-20061112102529833-000.jpg

From Software employees hand out demo discs at launch

pixy.gifAlas, while the demo disc is a PS3 Blu-ray ROM, it only has video footage. But at least the footage is brand new! And because it's not a Blu-ray movie disc, we were able to capture the footage and upload it for all to view.

The Enchant Arm footage offers a first look at the PS3 port of the Xbox 360's first Japanese RPG. In a strange twist, Enchant Arm will also likely end up being the PS3's first Japanese RPG. At this point, it's unknown if From will be making any improvements for the PS3 version. Judging by the trailer, though, it seems that From has decided to use English voices in the Japanese PS3 version.

pixy.gifhands-on-from-software-demo-disc-20061112102527708-000.jpg

Andrew "licks" the idea of getting a free demo.

pixy.gifAs for the Armored Core 4 footage, the demo disc has two trailers. One is a variation of an older trailer, but you can now download it in direct feed. The other is a burning hot gameplay trailer that should get you excited about From's PS3 debut.

Download the trailers at these links:

και οι πρώτες αναφορές για διάφορα προβλήματα που εντοπίστηκαν στις λειτουργίες του νέου συστήματος. Ειδικότερα, τα πρώτα προβλήματα που αναφέρθηκαν έχουν να κάνουν με την backwards compatibility του συστήματος, δηλαδή με τη δυνατότητά του να αναπαράγει λογισμικό που είχε δημιουργηθεί για τα PlayStation και PlayStation 2. Όπως λοιπόν αναγράφεται τις τελευταίες ώρες σε πολλές μεγάλες ιστοσελίδες, οι τυχεροί Ιάπωνες που κατάφεραν να πιάσουν στα χέρια τους ένα από τα 80.000 PlayStation 3 που διατέθηκαν στη χώρα τους, αντιμετώπισαν προβλήματα συμβατότητας με τίτλους όπως οι Gran Turismo 4, Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Star Ocean και Ace Combat 5, αδυναμία του συστήματος να τρέξει παιχνίδια που απαιτούσαν το σκληρό δίσκο του PS2 και ασυμβατότητα με ορισμένα περιφερειακά. Όπως ειπώθηκε, τα προβλήματα αυτά είναι τεχνικής φύσεως και έχουν να κάνουν με "παγώματα" της εικόνας και απώλεια ήχου. Η Sony έχει ήδη διαθέσει την αναβάθμιση 1.10 για το firmware του συστήματος και αναφέρει ότι θα ξεκινήσει άμεσα εργασίες επάνω στα προβλήματα που αναφέρουν οι χρήστες ούτως ώστε να διορθωθούν όλα τα bugs που εντοπίστηκαν στα διάφορα παιχνίδια. Τελικά, ίσως είναι καλό να παίρνεις στα χέρια σου ένα σύστημα με καθυστέρηση, αφού αυτό έχει πρώτα δοκιμαστεί και είναι 100% έτοιμο...

Τελικά, ίσως είναι καλό να παίρνεις στα χέρια σου ένα σύστημα με καθυστέρηση, αφού αυτό έχει πρώτα δοκιμαστεί και είναι 100% έτοιμο...

Ισως το μονο θετικο για αυτους που πρεπει να περιμενουν μεχρι το Μαρτη.

And you thought 360 Backwards Compatability was lacking...

dot_clear.gif

IGN reports that during their testing of PS2 games on the PS3, they have encountered a number of rather large compatibility issues. Sony's response to some of these issues? "some people can put up with playing games that lack sound."

Sony may have included the PS2's CPU and GPU with every PlayStation 3 system, but the system still appears to be having some problems with backwards compatibility. Just in time for the PS3's second anniversary (the second day it's been on the market in Japan), Sony passed on the specifics.

Now accessible at the Japanese PlayStation.com site is a page for seeking out the backwards compatibility status of PS2 and PS1 titles. The Japanese page can be accessed here. By inputting the title, publisher name, release date or product number (an eight digit code containing four letters followed by a hyphen then four numbers), you can seek out the status of the 7,841 titles in Sony's database.

Some of the more notable issues they found:

- Tekken 5: A number of modes don't play background music properly.

- Xenosaga Episode II: The opening movie sometimes stops and sometimes doesn't properly play background music.

- Code Age Commanders: Problems (including data loss) with save game data.

- Radiata Stories: Background music during movie scenes may not play back properly.

- Star Ocean Till the End of Time (includes Directors Cut): Movie scenes may not have proper sound playback.

- Driving Emotion Type-S: BGM may not properly play back during races

- Gran Turismo 4: The screen may freeze following the title demo.

- Hot Shots Golf 3/4: Some sort of problem with the controls becoming unresponsive

- Operator's Side: The game freezes at the logo screen when started up with the Seamic controller

- Onimusha Dawn of Dreams: Screen will occasionally appear 2cm to the right

- Hyper Street Fighter II Anniversary Edition: The screen will not appear correctly in some instances. The S.F.II Movie cannot play properly.

- Megaman X7: There are times when the background music won't play properly

- Devil May Cry: The screen will sometimes freeze during the title demo

- Onimusha: During movie playback, the sound will occasionally stop

- Suikoden III: Cannot read PS1 data during the game.

- Silent Hill 2: When going from the title screen to the demo screen, the screen may freeze

News Source: IGN

Riiiidge Racerrrr 7 on PS3 - Sucks (Graphics Wise)

dot_clear.gif

Dream Gamers conducted a graphical comparison between Xbox 360's Ridge Racer 6 and Ridge Racer 7 on the PS3. You'll never guess what their comparison shows, the PS3 version is lacking detail in certain areas!

69622xh1-1.jpg

696924hu6.jpg

69692vk0.jpg

up0078.jpg

up0080.jpg

See More: DreamGamers

sss to site einai owned apo ton fun boy p3tran pou postarei pics tou psp gia ps3 pics :P a re p3tran finally it ll be worth the waiting.... ;)

Η Sony έχει ήδη διαθέσει την αναβάθμιση 1.10 για το firmware του συστήματος και αναφέρει ότι θα ξεκινήσει άμεσα εργασίες επάνω στα προβλήματα που αναφέρουν οι χρήστες ούτως ώστε να διορθωθούν όλα τα bugs που εντοπίστηκαν στα διάφορα παιχνίδια.

Μετά σου λέει "η κονσόλα είναι plug 'n' play"... Kαι εάν κάποιος δεν έχει τη δυνατότητα για internet; Playstation my ass που λένε και οι Αμερικάνοι :lol:

Τουλάχιστον εμένα με αηδιάζει η υπόθεση "αγοράζω κονσόλα και δεν μπορώ να παίξω το παιχνίδι επειδή χρειάζομαι update και δεν εχω internet".

Εάν είναι έτσι και το Wii(εάν θέλει πατάτες τύπου update στο firmware), θα μείνω με το Nintendo DS και θα κάνω αναβάθμιση στο pc (άντε να χτυπήσω και κανένα PSP για πιο glamourάτα γραφικά).:roll:

Μετά σου λέει "η κονσόλα είναι plug 'n' play"... Kαι εάν κάποιος δεν έχει τη δυνατότητα για internet; Playstation my ass που λένε και οι Αμερικάνοι :lol:

Τουλάχιστον εμένα με αηδιάζει η υπόθεση "αγοράζω κονσόλα και δεν μπορώ να παίξω το παιχνίδι επειδή χρειάζομαι update και δεν εχω internet".

Εάν είναι έτσι και το Wii(εάν θέλει πατάτες τύπου update στο firmware), θα μείνω με το Nintendo DS και θα κάνω αναβάθμιση στο pc (άντε να χτυπήσω και κανένα PSP για πιο glamourάτα γραφικά).:roll:

δεν μας έχει συνηθίσει σε τέτοια η nintendo

PS3 Blu-Ray Playback Review on AVSforums

ok much more updates in here.

first of all grandmaster is right. you need to push 5 seconds the power button down and it automaticly calibrates the signal. it standsl also in the manual. but hey what can i say. real man dont read manuals

i just checked today Ridge Racer 7 on it. and all i can say it is amazing.

when you put in ridge racer. after about 3 seconds it reads the disc. the background of main menu changes into ridge racer logo. and if you go to the game icon in main manu ( looks like ps3 controller ) then you see a small video played.

now when you pres sthat video it strats the game.

loading time takes about 30 seconds to go to xevios mini game. here you can play it. press start will go to main game.

now somethign cool. when i was at main menu i took out the bluray ridge racer disc just to see if it would crash or something. but i could go to the options in the game . now when i actually press start and it should load a course. it simply hangs. it doesnt show a message there is no game disc. but.............. when i put the disc back inside. it starts loading the game without any hickup or problem. awesome.

also 1 more tip. if you want to quit the game and go back to main menu. hold down the PS button in teh middle of the joypad and it will show a menu where you can turn of the system, return to main menu etc.

MORE MOVIES CHECKED

i tried today 8 below ( USA version )which is avc encoded.

and i can say it works perfect. same speed as kingdom of heaven 10 seconds loading time.

also i tested today the samsung player with the ps3 with the samsumg 46 inch plasma player we have at work. and i can tell you the ps3 picture quality is far better then the samsung. i am truelly surprised. remeber 8th below is soft looking. well playing the movie with the ps3 it totall renders the soft image away. and show a very natural movie display.not that it will be raor sharp. but natural looking image. how i would expect the movie to look like. the movie picture i was hoping to see.

also 8 below shows bitrates between 11 and 21 mps so far with a dd 5.1 48 kz 640KPS audio track.

also i turn off the ps3 while playing 8th below . it takes 20 seconds total to boot up the ps3 and play that excact same chapter in the movie when i turned off the ps3.

Dinosaurs. ( USA Version ) remember how soft this movie looked. Fear no more the PS3 is here and i have to say.incredible! i mean seriously. the picture quality is so much better now. when i am right infront of the tv. it looks simply perfect. so natural as this picture looks. the softness it is gone. the dark scenes looks perfect. however when i move left or right from the tv. it shows the picture softer. but when i am standing right infront of it. it is perfect. this is how i wanted to experience this kind of movie.

Lethal Weapon ( USA ) VC-1 encoded. another movie like dinosaurs that was soft looking.

the beginning. specially there picture looks soft and colors are kinda washed out, after that it gets a whole lot better

it shows 5.1 channel english 48 khz and vc-1 encoded bitrate going from 18 till 25 mps.

around the 30 minute mark the quality really shines. it shows now a very natural color. same as dinosaurs and 8th below. the softness is gone. but only when you watch it right infront of the tv. if you go little bit left or right it shows a more softer image.

also if you hold the PS button on your joypad for 2 seconds while playing a movie you can chose between contine movie or go back to main menu of the ps3. if you hold the PS button for 5 seconds. you go to menu where you can chose shutdown system or change controller input.

also the PS3 is dead silent. i havent experienced any system like this that is this silent. there is no difference if it is powered on. or powered off.

all in all i am very very amazed with this system as a bluray player and as game machine.

and there are so many options to play with. it is also not a console anymore. but a truelly multi media machine. and i can only imagine what people will do it with in the future when they will start programming utils for it.. i think we will see so many incredible utilities for it.

today i was thinking what if i install linux and put something like words on it or photoshop. connect a wireless keyboard and mouse i could just work infront of my tv. when i get bore di play agame or listen to music.

anyway so far comparing the ps3 to the samsung video wise. the PS3 wins it. actually i think the PS3 would come very very close to the PQ quality of the Pioneer. ofcours ethe pioneer aint finished yet . so it is hard to compare it to that.

audio wise. i am not an expert in that at all. so i feel that i can compare the difference between the players. to test that well i would have to connect the hdmi connection to a audio system and that the hdmi to tv. i just dont have that audio system. not at work and at home.

just let me say this, 600 usa dollars for this machine is rediculous cheap. i am a poor guy. but what i am really really impressed with all the functions on the ps3. it is truelly easy to lose track sometimes on which buttons you have to press. because there are so many options.

the only thing i would like to see though in the PS3 is that when i put a movie inside that i watched like halfway. that when it start up it would gave me the option you want to start the movie where you left off or do you want to start at the beginning o fthe movie.

very much like with powerdvd on the pc. so hopefully they can put that in the a firmware down the road.

other then that. if you thinking should i buy ps3 or not for bluray movie playback or to switch over to high defenition in general. i can tell you right away. buy it. 10000% buy it.

you wouldnt regret it that is for sure.

also 1 more thig. if you have a dvi connection on your tv only. no problem.

just buy a full pins cable that go from hdmi to dvi. connect the hdmi cable to ps3 then connect it to dvi on your tv. power on monitor and press the poweron button 5 seconds and it works. well at least for me

...in another post

One thing to add about PS3 BD playback performance.

I fed CEDIA give-away disc which contains 40Mbps MPEG4-AVC streams and PS3 just played them flawlessly, without any stuttering, frame drops nor PQ degradation, even though I saw instantaneous bitrate exceeding over 50Mbps in some spots.

The suspicious about PS3's AVC playback performance just gone.

exw tin aisthisei mias k to skeftomai oti oi fotos tou ridge racer gia ps3 einai me composite se analog tv

Καλύτερα. Έτσι πρέπει για να δουν τι θα πάρουν και αυτοί που δεν έχουν HDTV και να μη νομίζουν πως η εικόνα θα είναι κρύσταλλο σε μία τηλεόραση των 500 ευρώ. ;)

Αρχειοθετημένο

Αυτό το θέμα έχει αρχειοθετηθεί και είναι κλειστό για περαιτέρω απαντήσεις.

Επισκέπτης
Αυτό το θέμα είναι πλέον κλειστό για περαιτέρω απαντήσεις.

• Δημιουργία νέου...